Dr. Nicolette Lawson
D.Hyp., D.CBH, C.Hyp., CMH, MHA, UKHR, UKGHE, MTNLP, AAMT
Oh, what a lot of letters I have after my name!
What do they all mean? Well apart from the definitions given below, they mean that I am continually learning and expanding my knowledge, seeking to get better and better so that I can be a more effective therapist and help more people!
So what DO all those letters mean?
- D.Hyp - That's the Diploma of Hypnotherapy from the Lifeforce School of Hypnotherapy, Regents College, London. A well renowned 14-month course covering theoretical and practical aspects of Hypnotherapy.
- D.CBH - This is a new one (2009/10): Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy - this is a combination of CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) and Hypnosis - one of the most effective treatments available. A title issued by the UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy, following an intensive course and an in depth exam paper (12,000 words).
- C.Hyp - Certified Hypnotherapist issued by the UK Guild of Hypnotist Examiners for passing their exam.
- CMH - Certified Master Hypnotist. A title also issued by the UK Guild of Hypnotist Examiners, following both a written and practical examination.
- MHA - Member of the Hypnotherapy Association (formerly the BHA).
- UKHR - Registered Member of the UK Hypnotherapy Register
- UKGHE - Registered Member of the UK Guild of Hypnotist Examiners
- MTNLP - Master Therapist of Neuro Linguistic Programming awarded by Eos Professional Training, Bournemouth.
- AAMT - Practitioner of Emotional Freedom Techniques, accredited by the Association for the Advancement of Meridian Therapies (AAMT).
- (NHS Directory) I am a member of the NHS Directory of Complementary and Alternative Practitioners (Membership number: 3038)
Others : Not related to Hypnotherapy!
- BSc (Hons) - Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Eng.D - Engineering Doctorate (Hence Dr.)